Windows Server 2012 : First Look (cours WIN2012-3)
Cours disponible en français ou en anglais - Training available in French or in English
Durée: 2 jours
Objectifs du cours :
This two-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals, administrators and decision makers, who are interested to get detailed technical information about the new features of Microsoft Windows Server 2012. In this course students get detailed technical information about the new features of Windows Server 2012, learn about the new ways to implement, manage and administer Windows Server 2012 in an existing or new network environment with and without cloud-integration. The focus of the course is about the main changes from Windows Server 2008 / R2 to Window Server 2012. Some of the features are:
- Requirements, Installation and Multi-Server-Management
- Windows Server 2012 GUI and Core
- DNS/DHCP centralized management with Windows Server 2012 IPAM
- File and storage service management (ReFS, storage spaces, De-duplication, SMBv2.2)
- Hyper-V (Live Migration, Hyper-V Replica, PVLANs, …)
- Remote Desktop Services (Metro-support, Remote-FX, RD Session Host, RD Web Access, RCCB, pooled and personal virtual desktops, Metro Style Remote Desktop App)
- Active Directory (Virtualization, DC cloning, Remote dcpromo, improved ADAC, AD-based activation, …)
- Dynamic Access Control (DAC) with Central Access Policies (CAP)
- Unified Remote Access in Windows Server 2012 with DirectAccess
- Windows Server 2012 Group Policy (new settings and capabilities)
- Powershell 3.0
Compétences acquises :
Les stagiaires seront à même d'effectuer les tâches suivantes :
- Live installation of Windows Server
Entitle the main new features of Windows Server 2008 and understand the advantages of these features.
- Understand and use Dashboard Server Manager in Windows Server 2008.
- … knowing about the new multi-server management capabilities of Windows Server 2008 Server Manager.
- … be acquainted with about the possibilities of scenario-based deployment of server roles and features.
- Get an overview about the advantages of IPAM.
- Manage DNS and DHCP with Microsoft IPAM.
- Use DNS and DHCP Server powershell 3.0 cmdlets.
- Implement the DHCP failover and load balancing features.
- Know about DNSSec automatic zone signing.
- Get an overview about the new file system ReFS and how to use it.
- Be familiar with the new storage managemant features storage spaces and pools.
- Identify the new possibilities of SMB 2.2.
- Knowabout Windows Server 2008 De-duplication.
- Know about the main new features of Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V.
- Be familiar with using Windows Server Hyper-V in different cloud scenarios.
- Identify the new capabilities of Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V for hosts and virtual machines, the enhanced scalability options, networking, clustering, HA and Data, and storage improvements, as well as new management improvements with powershell 3.0 like workflows, which gives the possibility to manage multiple Hyper-V hosts from a single console.
- Perform a Hyper-V LiveMigration and a Hyper-V storage migration and experience some other configuration settings (for example: DHCP and Router Guard) of Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V in a student lab.
- Learn about the key components of Windows Server 2008 Direct Access.
- Realize how to setup a Windows Server 2008 Direct Access server with the Direct Access and Remote access services configuration wizard in an edge topology scenario.
- Know about the used Remote Access powershell cmdlets and examine the automatically created group policies, DNS policy settings and IPSec policies.
- Know about the advantages of Direct Access, when remote access clients want to connect from outside the company to internal resources.
- Be acquainted with the advantages of Windows Server 2008 Direct Access for remote access client administration and Direct Access logs for monitoring direct access remote connections.
- Be familiar with the improvements in Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC).
- Know about the advantages of remote dcpromo and dcpromo built-in troubleshooting.
- Know about the possibilities of Windows Server 2008 DC-cloning and how to use it.
- Recognize how LDAP-based AD-integrated product activation makes it easier to perform the product activation procedure.
- Understand the advantages of Windows Server 2008 Dynamic Access Control and File Classification Service.
- Get an overview about the key components of Windows Server 2008 DAC and FCI.
- Learn about the important role of active directory for Windows Server 2008 Dynamic Access Control.
- Be familiar with the configuration of Windows Server 2008 Central Access and audit policies, user- and device claims, classifications and expression-based ACLs.
- Know about the most important new features of Windows Server 2008 Remote Desktop Service.
- Be familiar with new features of Remote Desktop Session Host, Gateway, Web Access and Session Broker.
- Understand remote desktop experience features like RemoteFX adaptive graphics, media remoting, multi-touch and USB-redirection.
Connaissances requises :
Pour suivre ce cours, les stagiaires doivent disposer des connaissances suivantes :
- Basic understanding and experience with Microsoft Windows Server (2000/2003/2008/R2)
- TCP/IP and networking skills
- Basic understanding and experience with virtual clients/server (VMWare or Microsoft)
- Experience working in a domain environment
- Experience using desktop and command-line tools
Copyright © 2012 Colombus.com - All rights reserved
Tel : +41 21 661 1675 - Fax : +41 21 661 1673 - Email : email@example.com