Configuring Windows 8 (Cours 20687)
Cours disponible en français ou en anglais - Training available in French or in English
Durée: 5 jours
Objectifs du cours :
This course provides students hands-on experience with Windows 8. It provides guidance on installing, upgrading, and licensing for Windows 8. Students will learn how to manage storage by creating simple, spanned, and striped volumes, and how to optimize file-system performance. Additionally, they will learn how to manage available disk space by using quotas. Students will work with Windows tools and services to determine the source of performance and reliability issues, and to troubleshoot these issues. This course describes how to configure networking to include IPv4, IPv6, connect to wireless networks, and use the networking features included in Windows 8 to troubleshoot networking issues. Students will also learn preventive measures and tools that work together to protect their computers from security threats. The course then covers the features related to file and folder management, which include setting permissions, file/folder compression, and configuring shared folders. Students will also learn about installing and managing printers. Additionally, the course provides an overview of the SkyDrive functionality, and describes the procedures to install and configure applications, including Windows Store apps. The course also examines the fundamentals of working with virtual machines in the Client Hyper-V environment in Windows 8. Students will learn about features such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and DirectAccess, which provide mobile users access to internal resources when the users are out of the office. Throughout the course, students will use Windows PowerShell 3.0, and its graphical user interface (GUI) to configure and manage the system. Students will also use the scripting editor to create and examine PowerShell scripts used to manage the system.
Compétences acquises :
Les stagiaires seront à même d'effectuer les tâches suivantes :
- Describe the different editions of Windows 8.
- Prepare a computer for Windows 8 installation.
- Install Windows 8.
- Automate the installation of Windows 8.
- Explain Windows 8 licensing and activation.
- Describe the options and processes for upgrading to Windows 8.
- Describe the options and processes for migrating to Windows 8.
- Identify the important settings and data to migrate, and explain how to migrate them.
- Manage local hard disks.
- Maintain local hard disks.
- Use VHDs.
- Install and configure device drivers.
- Configure a local area network (LAN) connection with IPv4.
- Configure a LAN connection with IPv6.
- Implement automatic IP address allocation.
- Implement name resolution.
- Troubleshoot common network-related problems.
- Describe the standards and technologies related to wireless network connections.
- Configure a wireless network connection.
- Describe the threats to network security.
- Explain how to configure Windows firewall.
- Explain how to secure network traffic.
- Explain how to configure Windows Defender.
- Describe file access management.
- Describe shared folders management.
- Describe how to configure file compression.
- Explain how to configure and manage printers.
- Describe the purpose and functionality of SkyDrive.
- Describe authentication and authorization in Windows 8.
- Describe how to use local Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to configure security and other settings.
- Select a suitable disk encryption method.
- Configure User Account Control.
- Install and configure applications.
- Install and manage applications from the Windows Store.
- Configure and secure Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Configure application restrictions.
- Describe how to optimize Windows 8 performance.
- Explain how to manage Windows 8 reliability.
- Explain how to manage and maintain Windows 8 updates.
- Configure Windows 8 settings that are applicable to mobile computing devices.
- Enable and configure VPN access.
- Enable and configure Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance.
- Describe when and how to use DirectAccess to address remote users’ requirements.
- Describe Hyper-V.
- Explain the process for creating and working with virtual machines.
- Identify key aspects of working with virtual disks.
- Understand and manage snapshots with Hyper-V.
- Describe how to back up and restore files in Windows 8.
- Describe how to recover a Windows 8 computer.
- Describe the basic features of Windows PowerShell 3.0.
- Describe Windows PowerShell Remoting.
- Describe the use of Windows PowerShell cmdlets.
Connaissances requises :
Pour suivre ce cours, les stagiaires doivent disposer des connaissances suivantes :
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows Client fundamentals; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and/or Windows 7
- Fundamentals of management and experience using the Microsoft Office 2010 system or the Microsoft Office 2007 system
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) components including Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals
Copyright © 2012 Colombus.com - All rights reserved
Tel : +41 21 661 1675 - Fax : +41 21 661 1673 - Email : email@example.com